This web site, Oil Advisers, is owned and operated by
Oil Advisers Pty Limited . Oil Advisers collects personal and non-personal information on this web site. Oil Advisers recognises that your privacy is important to you and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
Our website addresses are
Who we are
Oil Advisers Pty LTD
Level 11, London House, 216 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Western Australia 6008
PO Box 5,
Claremont WA 6910 Australia
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Oil Advisers collects personal and other data from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who visit this web site (“EEA Website Visitors”) or who are individual representatives of our current, former or prospective corporate customers, suppliers and business partners (“EEA Business Contacts”).
Oil Advisers may collect the following types of data:
- Email addresses
- Home and work addresses
- Phone numbers
- Employment history, including job titles and company names
- Education information
- Financial information
- Username and password for the accounts established on this web site
- Job search behavior and preferences, including a record of the searches that visitors make on this web site
- If a visitor signs in to this web site with a social media account, that visitor’s social media ID, social network site profile image URL and other information included in that visitor’s social media profile
- Information about the devices a visitor used to access this web site (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information)
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to this web site, and pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave this web site
- Dates and times of visits to this web site
- Information on actions taken on this web site (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses this web site
- Search terms that visitors use to reach this web site
Oil Advisers does not seek to collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Purposes for the Processing of Personal Data; Legal Basis
Oil Advisers processes the personal data of EU data subjects for the purposes of:
- Providing our products and services.
- Registering, managing and maintaining user accounts on our website.
- Maintaining the CVs posted to this web site and making them available.
- Processing, validating and delivering purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting customers about their orders, including by telephone).
- Maintaining a record of the jobs a visitor views or applies to on this web site.
- Informing visitors to this web site of relevant job postings that may be of interest to them.
- Providing administrative notices or communications applicable to use of this web site.
- Providing customer support as well as handling technical issues.
- Contacting data subjects and delivering information to them that, in some cases, is targeted to their interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities)
- Enabling data subjects to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media,
- Soliciting data subjects’ feedback and input.
- Managing participation in our events and other promotions.
- Analyzing and enhancing our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyzing trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of this web site, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on this web site.
- Analyzing trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally.
- Optimizing our site search engine results.
- Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We may also combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized or de-identified data about our users and use and share such data in our products and services. “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information or employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data to track trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services.
For EEA Website Visitors, Oil Advisers’ legal basis for processing your personal data is: (i) performance of the contract in relation to any registration, CV and job application information you provide and (ii) consent for use of certain cookies when browsing the site, where unregistered users sign up for job recommendation emails and where registered and unregistered users sign up to receive marketing emails. For EEA Business Contacts that are current customers, suppliers and business partners of Oil Advisers, our legal basis for processing your personal data is performance of the contract between us.
We may also process personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do so and when our interests are not overridden by the impact on the data subject. Our legitimate interests include marketing, selling and providing our products and services; product development and enhancement; understanding our users’ behavior, activities, preferences and needs; protecting against and preventing fraud; and complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
Recipients of Personal Data
In the normal course of performing services for our clients, personal information may be shared within Oil Advisers and its affiliates for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, as well as research and statistical purposes, system administration and crime prevention or detection.
We also may share personal information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services. Our service providers provide the following categories of services: Code Hosting, Code Deployment, Logger, Search Engine, Docker Registry, Code Deployment, Career Site, Email Processing, On-call Alerting, Internal Login Authentication, Reporting and Monitoring, Proxy Services, Content Management/CMS, Automated Testing/Monitoring, Network diagnostic and lookup tools, Resume Parser, Application Monitoring, Work force analytics, Machine Translations, Server Hosting, Aggregation of Monitoring, VPN and traffic encryption, Application Performance Management, Web Hosting, Customer Relationship Management, Developers, Cloud Hosting, Cloud Storage, Managed Server/Hosting, Email Delivery, Email Marketing, Parsing Technology, eCommerce Processing, Data Matching Technology and Site Analytics. These service providers are required by contract and by law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider is using or disclosing personal information in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement, Oil Advisers will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper use and/or disclosure.
In addition, where Oil Advisers serves as a service provider (data processor) to its clients (data controllers), Oil Advisers may be in possession of client data that contains information defined as personal data. In performing these services, Oil Advisers does not process, store, or handle personal data in any other manner other than that directed by the data controller. Accordingly, Oil Advisers does not share, uniquely identify, or in any way use personal data for any commercial purpose other than that authorized by the controller. In some cases in accordance with our client agreements, we may disclose personal data with a subcontractor contracted to provide services on our behalf, in order to provide service to our clients.
Oil Advisers preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Oil Advisers, its employees, other users of this web site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this web site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Oil Advisers.
Transfer of Personal Data to a Third Country
Personal data collected by Oil Advisers is stored in Australia or in the United States, and processing primarily takes place in Australia and the United States but may also take place in other countries where Oil Advisers or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or third party service providers maintain facilities. Oil Advisers ensures that such affiliates, subsidiaries or third party service providers are covered by a suitable framework or contract recognized by the relevant authorities or courts as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
f you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Personal data is retained by Oil Advisers as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Registration, CV and job application information of EEA Website Visitors is stored until the earlier of when the contract between us terminates or when the data subject asks us to erase their data. Personal data for job recommendation emails and marketing emails are retained until the data subject unsubscribes from such emails. Business contact information of our EEA Business Contacts is retained until they ask us to erase their data. All other personal data relating to EEA Business Contacts that are current customers, suppliers and business partners is stored until the contract between us terminates.
Data Subject Rights
You are entitled to request access to, rectification of, deletion of and portability of your personal information collected by us. You are also entitled to restrict or object to the processing of your data by us and to object to any decision based solely on automated processing of your data by us. To exercise these rights, as provided under applicable law, please submit a request to the Oil Advisers contact center
Please help us to keep your data accurate by informing us of any personal information change promptly.
There may be cases where restrictions on the amount of information that can be disclosed to data subjects under applicable law (for example, if that would necessarily involve disclosing information about another person). Oil Advisers is permitted to withhold some types of personal data in certain circumstances, subject to applicable local law requirements. If there is a dispute, please contact the Oil Advisers contact center In addition, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Data subjects whose processing is based upon consent may withdraw that consent at any time; however, Oil Advisers will not be able to provide or continue to provide services or marketing communications to the data subject.
What data breach procedures we have in place/h5>
Oil Advisers has extensive monitoring and will protect all data as outlined in this policy.
Oil Advisers will inform users and appropriate regulators where data breaches occur.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal or Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal or Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Changes to This Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify data subjects by means of a notice on this web site as well as the applicable date. We encourage EEA Website Visitors, EEA Business Contacts, and others to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.